Toggle shoutbox Super Fun Chatty Place

@  Mhysa : (23 April 2014 - 04:43 PM) :hey:
@  I_moustache_... : (23 April 2014 - 12:50 PM) *waves*
@  LovlyRita : (23 April 2014 - 12:18 PM) OMG LOUISE WAS HERE
@  louiseIShere : (23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM) :plane:
@  louiseIShere : (23 April 2014 - 10:31 AM) :poke:
@  LalalaLiz : (23 April 2014 - 03:58 AM) HELLOOOOOO
@  Leonore : (22 April 2014 - 11:10 PM) :night: :Sleepysheepy:
@  Leonore : (22 April 2014 - 09:15 PM) It's quite nice outside here... just dark :P
@  LovlyRita : (22 April 2014 - 09:10 PM) I am yeah :)
@  Leonore : (22 April 2014 - 07:52 PM) Something interesting?
@  LovlyRita : (22 April 2014 - 07:49 PM) I am good I am sitting outside reading :)
@  Leonore : (22 April 2014 - 07:40 PM) I am feeling good about how much revision I've done today (and how much chocolate I'm eating)! You?
@  LovlyRita : (22 April 2014 - 07:38 PM) How are you doing?
@  Leonore : (22 April 2014 - 07:37 PM) HI!
@  LovlyRita : (22 April 2014 - 07:36 PM) HI FRIENDS
@  Leonore : (22 April 2014 - 07:28 PM) :glomp:
@  Juicy_Moosey : (22 April 2014 - 06:58 AM) :hug:
@  Leonore : (21 April 2014 - 10:47 PM) :mellow:
@  Leonore : (21 April 2014 - 10:45 PM) I WANT TO SLEEP
@  Leonore : (21 April 2014 - 10:45 PM) Backing up files takes forever...

Photo

Fairy Dust

9 replies to this topic

#1 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

Site Manager

• Administrator

• 2,262 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

By JChrissy
Narrated by AditiDraco95
Link to story on archives: here(15+)
Story summary:

And he’s still so broken. But you know that, don’t you? Because he sees what you feel, the nightmare stalking just outside the dream. Podcast edited by jonathanitb

Your reviews here.

#2 JChrissy

JChrissy

• 160 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Aditi this turned out really awesome!

You stared so amazingly strong. The way you captured the listen right from the start was perfect. And your voice got harder and more serious when you read the part about 'it could have been his grave' and that was sooo exact! Then you smoothed back to a gentler tone for the more emotional parts. It's incredible!

I love how you slowed down during the attack and really gave the lister time to visualize what was happening and then quickened your pace when the altercation actually occurred. It was just that way in my head when I wrote it! And hearing that come to life is so cool!

And the section when she's speaking to the Aurors. You conveyed just the right amount of anger when they doubted her, ahh! That entire scene... Amazing.

Ohh you're voice has gotten so much softer during the Fred part! It's exactly how it should be! You are doing such a wonderful job conveying all the emotions through your voice.

The kind of intensity you're able to put into this is making me feel so nervous... And I know what happens!

This entire Greyback scene... I can't tell you how amazed I am. I think you've done such an incredible job making it feel tense and fast but not reading it fast... You let all the words sink in but it still feels immediate.

This was really great, thank you so much for choosing Fairy Dust to podcast. :hug;

Sorry if this review didn't make much sense. Reviewing for a podcast was a lot different than for a typed story. Haha!

Edited by JChrissy, 13 February 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#3 Jon

Jon

Bug Exterminator

• 605 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

A great podcast to listen too Angie! I had already listened to it twice during editing so just had another bit of a listen to do the review, so it's fresh in my mind ;)

As JChrissy said, you started off strong, which lead to you being jammed full of emotion throughout, really adding to the story, and you slowed down and sped up in exactly the right places!

If you're reading this JChrissy (I don't know your first name, sorry! :/) you wrote a really awesome story, and as my English teacher would have said, you used many literary features ;)

Audio quality wise, as the one who edited it I can say that before I even edited it there was little background noise, which made you sound really good :)

Keep up the good work both of you! :)

Jon

#4 caapaldi

caapaldi

knoooock knock who's there THE FRENCH REVOLUTION

• 5,775 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Okie dokie! I still have time to get all of my Valentine's reviews in... right?

ANYWAY! :D

The sound quality in this went way up, and you sound great! (Not to mention how cool your accent is - I adore it! :)) There was a slight echo in this, and I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be there, or just in the way it was recorded. Other than that, it was just your voice and the story and I'm so impressed by how far you've come as a podcaster! Like Jami said, there is so much intensity in your voice! The whole thing had me sitting on the edge... well I was sitting on the floor, but the edge of the floor! I can't wait to hear more of your stories; I love the way you read and you've grown so much! :)

(Also, Jami - your story and your general everything - it's all amazing. :annieandmaggie:)

#5 .wistful

.wistful

swag

• 110 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

I just loved this story. Have to say. Loved it. It was absolutely well-written, and it was so emotional which made it so incredble. I'm reading it again, and I really adore it. And Aditi did a fantastic job doing the podcast as well. Absolutely amazing. I just loved her accent. It worked great for this (does everyone have a cool accent?). There was so much emotion. I loved at the italics how you emphasized the word with stronger emotion, and wow, I loved it.

This was just really intense and you builded it up from the pauses to the suspension perfectly with your voice. Pat yourself on the back!

Fantastic job, Aditi! :3

#6 Juicy_Moosey

Juicy_Moosey

A moosey who may or may not be juicy.

• 692 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Angie! I swear every time I hear you, your accent gets stronger :P

I think the hardness of your voice was really effective for Jami's story (P.S. Really good story Jami :) ) It really fits :) I think if someone with a really sweet, innocent podcasted this, it wouldn't have the same effect. The suspense you built up was really good throughout, and really added to the atmosphere, and made for a really good listen :) I think slight echo, whether intentional or not, made it really work well, and adds a slightly spooky edge that also adds to this atmosphere I like to talk about ;)

Another great podcast!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Keep up the good work!

#7 Mhysa

Mhysa

Head of the Anderson Cooper Appreciation Society

• Moderators
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

First off, Aditi’s accent is wonderful! Her accent fit perfectly into the context of this story as it was from Fleur’s point of view who we know from the books has a prominent accent. The reader’s voice added an entirely new dimension to the character and really allowed the listener to step into Fleur’s shoes. JChrissy’s writing in this story was beautiful. She represented Fleur in such a strong, powerful light which isn't a characterization she often receives. I think this was a refreshing change to typical Fleur stories, both because of the characterization and the second-person narrative.

At first it was a bit hard to understand some of the words being said but after about a minute or so I got used to the accent and was able to thoroughly enjoy the podcast. Aditi represented Fleur’s voice so strongly which fit the tone of the story perfectly. I loved the intensity she had in her voice during the narration, contrasted with a softer tone that was evident during Fleur’s speaking parts.

The sound quality and pacing of the podcast were both great. The reader kept me hooked and entertained from the first words to the very end. The way she said, “It’s finally over” with such strength and determination summed up the entire story for me. Fleur was brave and full of resolve until the very end. Wonderful work by both the reader and the writer! :)

#8 Beautiful Soul

Beautiful Soul

I am a KIT CAT :O

• 347 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

All I can say is... WOW!! This has been my first ever podcast to listen and... WOW!! Haha amazing story and narrating!! :D

#9 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Mrs James McAvoy

• 73 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

This was the first podcast I've listened too and it sounded amazing! Angie, as so many have said your accent is great - I love it! It really works well throughout this!

I loved this story the first time I read it but listening to it was really great! Angie really drew me in with the first section and the intensity in your voice was perfect all the way through. You emphasised all the right bits and changed the pace of your voice in relation to the amount of action in the story and it kept me on the edge of my seat even though I knew what was going to happen. I think you did an amazing job of turning this great story into an awesome podcast :)

#10 MazBlue

MazBlue

Queen of Zombies (who are good rolemodels)

• 693 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Heyyy Deets!

First thing I noticed with this podcast is the tremendous improvement in clarity and quality from the last podcast I have listened to. Although the last one was still pretty clear - there was a sufficient lack of background noise here that was noticeable and made the podcast smooth and comfortable to listen to. I love your accent, Deets, it's so lovely and I could honestly listen to it all day and never get bored. I really enjoyed the characterisation you brought to this podcast and some of the lines you spoke stood out purely because of the way you said them. You really take into account the writers intent on how the line's are spoken e.g you put spite into your voice when the character sneers and you keep your voice flat and monotone when the character says the line in a mechanical way. I really got sucked into the story and I must commend Jami on her enjoyable and truly great writing here. I think that you really echoed the emotions that were displayed by the characters. You put emphasis on some words to make them really stick in the listeners mind which is a really great talent because sometimes a reader will forget that they need to perform when they read or they'll lose the listeners attention.

I've already mentioned the clarity but I think it should be mentioned again because I really was impressed by the quality of this podcast and it really showed how much effort you put in - also well done Jon as I can see that you were a key part of the reason why this podcast was so clear. There was a little bit of a fast pace but nothing that could affect the listeners ability to understand. The coherency was great and I personally believed that this podcast was really enjoyable and comfortable to listen to. I especially liked when you read out the part where Greyback was about to bite the little girl because I could sense anger and disgust of the character through your tone which was really effective.

Overall, this podcast was truly great. My only constructive criticism would be to leave a slight pause the beginning and set apart the disclaimer from the story. I feel like it all merged a little at the start but by just leaving a gap it will let the reader get into the mood before the story has even begun. This podcast was really professionally done, in my opinion and as always - I can't wait to see more from you in the future :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users